Friday, October 12

this is why i love having a girl.

i look in the backseat to Jersey asking frantically for her baby doll. *baby! baby! baby! baby! baby! baby!* when i hand her the doll she instantly hugs her tightly making those little bear hug grunts that you give when you're squeezing someone with a little extra love, and begins to pat her back, *shhhhhhh, shhhhhhh.* A few minutes later I reach into my purse to grab some chapstick. She sees it. She gives me the classic toddler whine with her arms outstretched, I make her say please (*pees*) but don't correct her for the whine, although I know I should, and I put some on her. She rubs her lips together in her 1 1/2 year old way, just as she should. I hand her the tube of chapstick, knowing that she'll want to apply more (the cap is on, yes), and just like Mama thought she applies extra, extra, extra all around until it looks just right.

At home she has her own make-up brush and empty blush cases and when she comes into the bathroom when I'm getting ready, I just tell her, *put your make-up on baby, we've gotta go to church!* And she does. Perfectly. With such girly class. Or how about when I catch her, unaware of Mama looking on, feeding her baby doll some milk from her sippie, all the while making this little sound with her lips as if the baby is really drinking, and as if that's the sound you even make when you drink. :)

And the pink that seems to always find it's way to her, and the bows and curls and tights and little shoes, 10 foot long pink pearly beads that always make her slip on the hardwood floor, baby doll strollers, handbags, and lip gloss, even now. It makes me so happy.

i know, boys have their own charm to offer. but for now my world is colored in pink foofy goodness and to me that is heaven.

No comments: