Tuesday, February 20

an ode to my girl



how do i love thee?
let me count the ways...


i love you because of your smile that melts my soul
because even at 3 am you make me happy
because of the way you move your hands when you start getting upset
because your eyes seem to actually speak
because I could rock you for hours
because sometimes you just want Mommy
because of every laugh
because your innocence takes my breath away
because when you cry I can't wait to hold you
because holding you is heaven
because you laugh at everything I do
because you change everyday
because I can't stop watching you sleep
because when I walk into the room your face shines
because you are my bliss
because your baby talk is my favorite sound
because I could stare at you all day...
and all night
because the sound of your tiny hands clapping gets me every time
because of those lips that are so kissable
because there is no one like you and none could replace you.

I will never stop counting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We never get too "ode" to enjoy our children and theirs!

Anonymous said...

(previous comment from Unc Joe)